Sign up for email inspiration, tips and news for your next visit to Lincoln

Cultural Quarter, City of Lincoln
St Swithins Church


St Swithins Church

Grade II listed church in Lincoln city centre built in 1870 but originating back to before the 17th century.

St Swithins Church was originally found on the other side of Freeschool Lane, now a green area under tree cover. The original church was nearly destroyed by fire in 1664 and so, records only exist up til that date.

After a rebuild, the original church was taken down in 1884 with the current church building consecrated in 1888. It was built on the old sheep market square and the history of this area remains in the name of the street it is found on: St Swithins Square.

{image: Richard Croft}

Opening Times & Prices

Trails at St Swithins Church

Location for this Event

Google Map
Google Map
07875476102
[email protected]
http://www.stswithinslincoln.org.uk/
St Swithins Square
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
LN2 1HA
Travel & Directions
Soak Up the Cultural Quarter (Collection)

Don’t want to miss a thing?

Subscribe for tips and advice on our newsletter

Sign Up