Total cooking time: 40 minutes
225g Self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
75g Lincolnshire Poacher butter
75g Caster sugar
1 Fairburn egg, lightly beaten
Jenny’s Jam, Raspberry
A drop of F.W Read & Sons Ltd. raw milk
- Preheat the oven to 180℃/Gas 4.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, stir in the sugar, add beaten egg and enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Divide the mixture into 12, with floured hands form each piece of dough into a ball and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Make an indentation with your finger in the centre of each bun and place ½ a tsp of raspberry jam in the hole.
- Brush with milk and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Photo credit to Andy Tryner©.